Our Cool Tumbler Blog
What In The World Is Bulletproof Coffee?
Coffee has been around for hundreds of years.
Over that time, this magical bean water that we all know and love has undergone many transformations. Nowadays, there are many different flavors, styles, add-ins, and other specialties for people with all different tastes.
But now there’s a new trendy coffee style that is sweeping the world. It’s called Bulletproof coffee, and whether you’ve been experimenting with this style all on your own or you’re looking to get in on the next hip coffee drinking fad, this blog is for you.
Here, we’ll help you understand everything you need to know about Bulletproof coffee — from what it is to how you can make it to how you can keep it hot throughout the day with the best coffee tumbler around.
Let’s dive on in and discover why you should try out Bulletproof coffee for yourself.
Bulletproof Coffee Basics
The idea behind Bulletproof coffee all started with one little company, aptly called “Bulletproof Coffee.” This company has since grown in popularity because of its unique recipe which combines ingredients that you might not normally think about when you want a nice, hot cup of joe.
On their blog, Bulletproof coffee and its founder, Dave Asprey, lays out just about everything you need to know about Bulletproof coffee — from the recipe to videos to a shop for Bulletproof ingredients.
Asprey and other Bulletproof coffee aficionados claim that this unique concoction boosts energy, improves brain function, and may even promote weight loss.
Because it is high in fat and low in carbohydrates, the “Bulletproof Diet,” as he calls it, is a keto-friendly way to drink coffee and provide your body with the fuel it needs.
Bulletproof Coffee Recipe
So now that we know a little bit about Bulletproof coffee, how do you make it?
The recipe is, really, quite simple. It looks a little bit something like this:
- Start With Coffee: Duh. To make Bulletproof coffee, you start by brewing your favorite type of roast using your favorite style — whether it’s the traditional hot brew method or the new, more trendy cold brew style. Bulletproof recommends using a French press in order to preserve some of the more beneficial oils that naturally occur in coffee and tend to get lost through the paper filtration process.
- Add Oil: That’s right, folks. This isn’t your grandfather’s cup of joe. In order to make your coffee “Bulletproof,” you need to add what Bulletproof calls “brain octane oil.” This oil is available on their site, but you can find what it really is — MCT oil — just about anywhere.
- Butter It Up: Here’s where Bulletproof coffee really goes for it. Instead of adding milk, cream, or sugar to your coffee, the Bulletproof method calls for 1-2 tablespoons of unsalted butter. The result is a creamy cup of coffee that is high in fat, low in carbs, and extremely unique.
- Blend: Once you have all these ingredients together, the recipe says to toss the concoction into a blender for about 30 seconds. What’s left behind is something that looks like a latte.
Benefits Of Bulletproof Coffee
Why in the world would you ever want to stray from the traditional cup of coffee? Well, Asprey says that the benefits of Bulletproof coffee are hard to ignore.
This style of brew is particularly of interest to those who are going through ketosis, or those who are simply trying to cut down on their carbohydrate intake.
The idea is that by cutting down on sugar and instead utilizing fat as an energy source, your body will avoid the dreaded “crash” and remained sustained throughout the day.
Additional benefits of Bulletproof coffee may include:
- Sustainable energy
- A sharper, more focused brain
- Antioxidants from the coffee
- A happier outlook
- Increased metabolism
- Suppressed hunger
In addition, unsalted and/or grass-fed butter provides additional nutritional benefits that you may not otherwise get from a cup of coffee. That includes fatty acids, a number of vitamins (A, D, E, and K), and additional antioxidants.
The “brain octane oil,” also known as MCT oil, is a derivative of pure coconut oil, which is known to improve your metabolism and provide vital ketones for the body.
How To Keep Your Bulletproof Coffee Hot
Are you interested in trying this type of coffee? Great! We think any type of coffee is a great way to improve your health and help you get through the day.
But how are you supposed to keep your coffee hot all day long? That’s simple.
The LEXO is the best coffee tumbler in the world. Utilizing bio-based phase change material and an innovative temperature control system, the LEXO has the power to cool your coffee down to the perfect temperature — around 140 degrees — in a matter of minutes, and keeps it there for hours.
Learn more about the best coffee tumbler and shop LEXO to get yours today.